Hov is a village located on Suduroy ’s east coast, in the Faroe Islands ; it is frequently mentioned in the country's history. Salmon sea farming has been practiced in Hov since the 1980’s. North of Hov along the old road to Øravík are interesting basalt columns that march along the hills.
The wooden church in Hov was originally built in Vágur on Kirkjukletti in 1862. It was moved to Hov in 1942. A new church was built in Vágur, it was ready in 1939, after that they could start to take down the old church and move it to Hov, as it was promised 25 years earlier in 1914.
In 2007 the road tunnel "Hovstunnilin" opened. It connects the villages Hov and Øravík, but it also connects the southern and the northern part of the island. Now it is not necessary to drive over the mountain, which can be difficult in wintertime. Now it takes only 15 minutes to drive from Tvøroyri to Vágur. The tunnel is 2,5 km long.